Tuesday, October 5, 2021

New Collection on Ancestry: Missouri Birth Registers 1847-1999🍂

     It's a new month, so that means Ancestry has some updates to announce. They have some collections that have been added to their database and others that have been updated. When you go to their main page and scroll down to the bottom, they have a section called "New and Updated Collections". I have to admit, I don't always pay attention to when they update this section (although I should). But what I do check up on is when Crista Cowan uploads new videos on YouTube announcing "What's New at Ancestry".


    You can imagine my surprise when Crista announced that the state of Missouri had some new collections. I couldn't believe it! So I immediately headed over to Ancestry to check out what it was all about. One collection, in particular, is called Missouri Birth Registers 1847-1999. That's quite a large span of years which should encompass the births of many family members. So I headed over to check it out.

    This collection was compiled from the microfilm reels known as Missouri Birth Records from the Missouri State Archives in Jefferson City, Missouri. While there could possibly be quite a bit of information in this collection, so far all I've found is names, birth dates, and location. Read more about this collection on the search page for this database.

    I haven't searched this database completely yet, but I have found some entries for some of my family members including my Mom, Dad, Uncles, and even my husband and myself! Nothing much was included in these entries that I didn't already know, but it's still another database to back up facts. So head over and check out this new database (and others) on Ancestry.com

What Crista Cowan's video:
"What's New at Ancestry"



No comments:

Post a Comment