Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year: What's Coming Next?

     It's finally here! 2022 has arrived. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a year being gone more than this one. Hands down, this was the worst year I have ever experienced. But it's done. It's over. Time for new goals. New things to look forward to. New research. And new blog posts.
    I've already been planning on some new material for this year. But something else I decided to do is participate in Amy Johnson Crow's 52 Ancestors Challenge again. Yes, again. If you look back to 2019, you will see I already completed one of her challenges. I really enjoyed it but decided to take a break the last two years. There was just too much going on for me to focus on posting a new blog every week. Well this year, I want to get back on it. The prompts sure encourage me to think more deeply about my ancestors and research.
    You may be asking, "What is this challenge?" Well, this is something created, like I said, by Amy Johnson Crow of Generations Cafe and Modern Genealogy Made Easy. She is a certified genealogist, well-known author, and a very informative teacher. She wanted to help people take their research and turn it into bit=sized stories. Creating different prompts helps take the guesswork out of the "who" or "what" to write about. That's taken from her website. You can read more about her here: AmyJohnsonCrow.com
     So this year, I will have a new prompt every week to guide me in what or who to write about. You know what that means? A new blog post at least every week. I say at least because I will also be writing other blog posts about my research not related to the prompts. Oh boy. If you are interested in joining us on this challenge, just click the image below.


    That's not all I am going to be working on this year. I'm hoping to film and edit some more videos for my YouTube Channel. I've really been lax about doing this the past two years because of everything going on. I have some footage recorded that I never edited. I also want to visit some more places this year (safely). Places such as cemeteries, memorials, historical locations, and buildings and film it all. 

Check out my YouTube Channel here!

    Something big that is coming up this year is the release of the 1950 Census which I am SOOOOO looking forward to. I've been prepping for this since last year. I've already written a few blog posts about it so be sure to check them out. I am looking forward to finding more of my family in this census. Quite a few living family members will be on this census. Never know what kind of information or surprises you will find.
    I am hoping to be finished with processing all of Dad's stuff this year. That includes finishing in Mom's basement, scanning/digitizing documents and photos, and selling or donating items such as clothes, tools, furniture, and antiques. This has definitely been a labor of love. I'm loving going through all the stuff my dad left behind (well some of it). I just wish he was here to go through it with me. But the best I can do now is preserve it for the future. 
    Other goals I have this year include reading the new books I got for Christmas, Organizing my hard drives, helping out at the Franklin County History Museum, and making some more crafts. Plus other personal goals that don't have anything to do with genealogy (gasp I know right?) but are still very important. One is taking better care of myself. I let my health go this past year in my grief and I feel it. So my big goal this year is to take steps to improve my health (mental and physical).

What about you? Do you have any special goals this year? What are you hoping to accomplish in 2022? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Happy New Year from


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog posts as you progress through your plans in 2022! HNY and all best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you too Marian! Let's tackle this year!

      Delete