Saturday, October 12, 2019

Happy Blogiversary Auntie Jen!

   

     It's October, so you know what that means. It's Family History Month! And what a better way to celebrate, than to start a blog about your family history, which is what I did three years ago. So this month is my three-year Blogiversary! Woo hoo!!


     It's hard to believe it's been only three years since I started recording my journey through Genealogy on an online forum. I've been doing research since 2012, but only decided to share my journey online in 2016. I really wrestled with the idea for a few months before starting it. My main goal was to share the research I had done with helpful tips I'd learned along the way.

Most Popular Blog Posts

     My secondary goal was to hopefully make connections with long lost family. I had found out while performing searches online for information about specific ancestors, blogs would come up in those searches. So I figured that if I put out the names of ancestors I was researching, other family members who may be searching for the same ancestor would come across my blog. I didn't know how long it would take, but would you believe it happened this year?


What's next for Auntie Jen's Family Trees

     This is just the beginning! I am currently participating in the 52 Ancestors challenge put out by Amy Johnson Crow. Once that is over, I will be focusing on writing deeper family stories based on research I have already done. What's the point of doing the research if you don't get the stories out there! I'm currently working on the story of Pauline Ilg. This will be a series of blog posts set up as "chapters".
     I will also be working more on my YouTube Channel. If and when I am able to make trips having to do with my research, I will upload videos. I will share those videos here on my blog
     The next big goal is to expand my knowledge and research. I'm hoping to take everything to the next level. One day I would love to do genealogy research as a career. Some days I feel like I have learned so much in such a short time, yet other days I still feel like such a newbie. So I'm hoping to take some more classes, attend seminars, improve my research skills, and develop a niche for my research.
     I appreciate all your support and feedback. Keep checking back often for new stories and updates. Be sure to follow me on all my social media accounts as well! 




No comments:

Post a Comment