Tuesday, March 1, 2022

I Won a DNA Kit!

     I just got an exciting email! I had entered a contest recently but had forgotten about it as I am dealing with some health issues. Well, today I just checked my email and got this notice:


    I won a MyHeritage DNA Test Kit! I was blown away! I usually don't win contests. And I have to say I'm excited about this. I had been wanting to do a DNA test kit to help me try to track down some lines and break through some brick walls. I was just talking with my hubby about it the other day.

    So I have to thank Reunions Magazine for this wonderful surprise. Have you heard of them? They are your one-stop shop for Reunion Planning. You can share your upcoming reunion, find a ton of resources to help you plan your reunion, and even share your photos from your reunion. I definitely recommend you check them out. 

    So now, I wait for it to arrive. I will share the process the whole way through on here and on my YouTube Channel, so make sure you follow my blog and subscribe to my channel. 

What am I hoping to find?

    There are two main walls I want to try to break down. First, ever since I found out my 2nd Great-Grandma was adopted, I've wanted to try to find her family. Here are some links to different posts where I mention this

http://auntiejenstrees.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-search-for-maggie-molten-continues.html

http://auntiejenstrees.blogspot.com/2021/10/shocking-find-friday-oma-was-adopted.html

    Second, I am hoping to find the link back to Ireland. I know who my Irish Ancestor is, but I can't trace him into Ireland. So I hope I find some common ancestors in Ireland. I know I won't find out anything by St. Patrick's Day this year, but maybe by next year, I will have some amazing news!

Let's Do This!!



No comments:

Post a Comment