Thursday, April 22, 2021

Cardinals - A visitor from Heaven?

“A cardinal is a representative of a loved one who has passed. When you see one, it means they are visiting you. They usually show up when you most need them or miss them. They also make an appearance during times of celebration as well as despair to let you know they will always be with you. Look for them, they’ll appear.” – author unknown


     Cardinals are so beautiful. We always loved seeing them in our backyard when I was a kid. Although sometimes they were few and far between. My dad used to build birdhouses and feeders to sell at Craft Fairs and I have so many good memories of that. I can remember the sound of the saw, the smell of the sawdust and the stain, and the feel of the rough wood when dad would let me help. I remember going to the craft fairs and seeing everything set up. Dad had a system for how he displayed his birdhouses. Thank goodness he took pictures.

Northwest Craft Fair
1984

Sperreng Craft Fair
1985

     And of course, once they were done, one of my chores was filling the bird feeders with bird food. When we would visit St. Louis (before we moved back), that became one of Sancia's favorite chores to help Papa with. 
Sani & Papa filling bird feeders
Dec 2006

     Now you are probably asking, "What does this have to do with Cardinals and a visitor from Heaven?" Well, let me tell you. This spring has brought a special surprise to my mom's front yard. For the first time ever, a Cardinal has made its nest in one of Mom's bushes out front. Never before have they had that happen. And now there are babies! Mom was just so excited to see them. Then I explained to her about the Cardinal being a sign of a visitor from Heaven. She was just beside herself with joy. To know that God sent some Cardinals to her for comfort and to know that Dad is still with us.
     Now, I don't know how deep this really goes as far as it actually being Dad visiting, but I do feel that God sent that Cardinal for comfort and a reminder. I know Dad is in Heaven with family right now. Sometimes we just need that reminder that we are not alone, God hasn't left us, and he will always be there to comfort us. Whatever the case may be, the Cardinals are bringing my mom some much-needed joy. Here are the birds.


Have you had Cardinals visit you after the passing of a loved one? Share your encounters below.


No comments:

Post a Comment