Monday, October 5, 2020

Finished Scanning Dad's Photo Box

      Well, the good thing about self quarantining is you get your photos digitized a lot faster. I've been putting this off for a while mostly for lack of time to just sit down and focus only on digitizing. As I mentioned before, I borrowed my dad's photo box to scan in everything that he had in that box, under his protest. He is very protective of his box of photos. Well, of his stuff in general. Understandable. He doesn't want to lose anything. I don't either, so I convinced him I would get them scanned in as soon as possible and bring the box back. Well, I finished it today.

     In this box, dad had a couple of albums, a box, two folders, and a whole bunch of loose photos. I shared a video the other day of my scanning process. The photo dates ranged from the early 1940s to more recent. The box had a variety of photos that I organized into groups. One album is a magnetic album my dad started years ago, and another album is a scrapbook I've been working on for my dad. Now everything in this box has been digitized and saved on my computer.
     I also worked on two albums that featured Lake photos that belonged to my dad. One I had brought back from the lake in order to scan them in. Dad doesn't know about that though. I will return them hopefully soon. In one of the albums, it was photo gold. The majority of them had information written on the back. Possibly written by my grandma Fuchs. These photos are the building of Papa's lake house on Bull Shoals Lake in the mid-1970s.
     Now I may be done with this box, but I am far from done with all my digitization. I still have many boxes of photos to go through to scan. Then I will need to add the Metadata to all these photos. Oh my goodness this is going to take a long time. But at least they will be saved on my computer. 


Watch my video here of the process I used to digitize these photos

What are you doing during this Pandemic?



No comments:

Post a Comment