Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Throwback Tuesday: FFH Concert

     Hard to believe it's been almost 18 years since Mark and I got married. We have made some great memories over the years. Even back then, I loved documenting special events. Some of the events were just things we attended as just friends. One of the events was a Christian concert held in Farmington, Missouri.

FFH Concert
April 14, 2002
     On April 14, 2002, Mark and I attended an FFH Concert at the Farmington Civic Center in Farmington, Missouri. This was before we were officially dating. This was the second concert we attended together. The first was Point Of Grace on February 21, 2002. In such a short time, we had become such close friends. I considered him my best friend. I actually journaled quite a bit about this time in our relationship, including the FFH Concert. Here are some snippets from the entry:
April 15, 2002 - 2:26am
Today was an awesome day!! You have no idea. God you are so wonderful in everything you do. Today was the FFH concert. He He!! Mark and I had so much fun. Here is how the day went. Mark came over around noonish so we could leave and get there when the doors opened. I got directions off the internet to go to Farmington--a place I had never been....Well we left for the concert around 12:30ish. Man it was a far drive! I almost thought we were lost. Mark was my navigator and I was the captain...Well we got there like 15 min before the doors opened. Mark had brought along his CDs for us to listen to on the way and stuff so he was showing me some of his favorite songs. So we went in and got our seats fine, which were not bad seats at all. The concert was awesome!! Wahoo! I had so much fun. I was dancing and stuff and getting into it. I am sure Mark must have thought I was crazy or something. We had fun though. Getting autographs was something else though. We were waiting in what I would like to call a mob. Not a line, a mob!...We got back home and went out to eat with Lissa and Jeppy...We had dinner at TGIFridays. The place is cool. Took me a little to decide what I wanted, but it was cool...Well we got home and decided to rent a movie...After the movie...we just talked about life and stuff. Then it was time for him to leave. I walked him out and gave him a hug. I will never forget this though. He told me I looked amazing...All in all, tonight was a great night. I could not have had a better night. It has been a long time since I have had a great night with a guy. Especially a great friend...I am so thankful for the friendship I have with Mark. god has blessed me so much. I couldn't ask for more."
      Ah... the memories. Exactly one month later, Mark would ask me to be his girlfriend. Then another two months after that, we got married. Yes, yes we did. Anyway, we had a great time at the concert. I had taken the advertising poster we had on display at One Way Bookshop for the group to sign. I still have that poster put away in a safe spot. I might be able to get it framed and displayed in our office. I also have the original ticket from that day.
Advertising Poster from OneWay Bookshop

Original ticket from the concert

     Just one of the many days I have documented from our relationship. I've put together a couple of scrapbooks of memories. Do you have any scrapbooks? Do you have any special memories from when you and your spouse were dating? Share them below in the comments! It's amazing. You never know where things are going to lead sometimes. From a couple of concerts to an almost 18-year marriage.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Also, wait. You are one spontaneous gal! Look at you two just making it happen and still at it! 🤩😍-Jen with Pioneer Flunkies

    ReplyDelete