Monday, September 9, 2019

Week 36: School Days

     Most everyone in the genealogy community knew about Ancestry making their Yearbook collection available for free this past Labor Day Weekend. People were sharing their photos, relatives photos, random photos, etc. It was great to see!
     I decided to see if I could track down parents & their siblings' yearbooks to save their Senior (or last year they were in school) year pictures. On my side of the family, it was definitely helpful that almost everyone went to the same school: Northwest High School (NHS) in House Springs, Missouri. Only a couple of spouses went to different schools. I was also in luck that NHS had so many yearbooks uploaded. Even to the point, I could find my cousins!
     So I started with my dad's side of the family. Including him, there are nine children and then seven spouses. Dad is the oldest, graduating in 1961 and it goes from there. I found all the siblings & almost all the spouses. After that, I looked for my mom's side. Including her, there are four children. She is the only one to graduate high school, so locating my Uncles was near impossible. Uncle Jerry dropped out his senior year, so I was able to find his junior year photo & his first wife's photo. Uncle Les barely attended high school so I couldn't find one for him & Uncle Howard dropped out in eighth grade.
     It was so fascinating going through my family's yearbooks & getting a glimpse into their lives; their past. It was especially fun finding their photos. I've grown up knowing my Uncles looking a certain way, whether beards, mustaches, hair on their head, etc. So it is fascinating seeing them look so different. Below are all the photos I found of my family. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.









Whose pictures did you find??



No comments:

Post a Comment