Saturday, September 28, 2019

New Family - Descendants of Mary Amelia Rickards

     I just got the most wonderful email today. Let me start by saying, the whole reason I started this blog was to not only get stories out about my family but to hopefully get in touch with long lost family. And that is exactly what has happened. The email was from a descendant of Mary Amelia Louis nee Rickards, daughter of Capt. Joseph Henry Rickards. This is the first contact we have had with them. I've been in contact with other descendants, but everyone always asked the same thing. Has anyone been in touch with the Louis family? Now we have!
     I can not tell you how excited I am. I actually scared my husband when I received the email. I screamed and flailed my arms around. He looked at me like I was crazy and asked if I was ok. Then he mimicked how I looked when I received the email. I'm glad he wasn't video tapping haha! Once I explained the reason for my excitement, he completely understood. He knows how much I pour into my research and how long I've been trying to get in touch with family.
     So now from here we get to compare notes, share info and introduce ourselves to all of our new extended family. Every day the world is getting smaller and smaller and our family keeps growing bigger and bigger. This keeps up, I may need to plan a reunion in the future. Oh, gracious... that's quite a daunting thought. One thing at a time.
     So I want to encourage you all. If you are considering writing your own blog about your family history, do it! Absolutely do it! You never know who you might get in touch with. My blog has been active for a few years now, but now family is starting to come out of the woodwork. So do it! Get your stories out there! You just might find long-lost cousins!


No comments:

Post a Comment