Thursday, January 30, 2020

Throwback Thursday: 2000 Questions about me

     If you are like me, you have struggled to try to write your own story. What is important? What will my descendants want to know? What should I write about? Where is my motivation?? The first thing I usually suggest is think about the ancestors you are currently researching. Now, what do you wish you knew about them? Then write along those lines about your life. I know that doesn't always spark creativity, so here is something else.
     I was out yesterday and picked up this book at a store called Five & Below. It's called 2000 Questions About Me. Just random questions about you and your life to spark writing. The answers could be one-word answers or you could elaborate on the topics if you choose. Sometimes the questions are about things that have happened to you, experiences you have had, or even things you think about or consider important.

Some sample questions:
  • Have you ever made your own Ice Cream?
  • Do you have an area of your life that you are never satisfied with?
  • What's your favorite Pancake or Waffle topping?
  • Have you ever tried online dating?
  • What do you love to do for "me time"? 
     These are just some of what you will find in this book. There might be some questions you can't answer or don't want to answer and that's fine. It's just to help you get motivated to write about yourself. I plan on making some of my Throwback Thursday posts questions from this book. So hang on to your seat; you are about to get to know me on a more personal level. 
     If I post questions, that spark interest, feel free to answer them in the comments below. I would love to know more about you as well. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment