Sunday, February 3, 2019

Week 5: At the Library

     This week's topic was a tricky one. The subject is "At the Library". I originally tried to think of an ancestor I've found while researching at the library, but the ancestors I've researched mainly, I've already talked about in my blog. So I've decided this week, I will mention my favorite Library, where I have made the most discoveries.
     For years now, I've frequently visited the St. Louis County Library Headquarters in Frontnac off Lindbergh Road. They have a special Genealogy & History section in the library. Actually it's two floors of information. The librarians have been so helpful with my research. Every time I visit, I learn something new.
     I have found marriage records, guardianship records, city and county directories, St Louis Post Dispatch clippings including obituaries and have made many discoveries in books from their collection. If you ever are in the area or if you need to research relatives from this area, I definitely recommend a stop by to the St. Louis County Library Headquarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment